Board of Supervisors Minutes
December 4, 2017
The Tama County Board of Supervisors met at 9:30 a.m. December 4, 2017. Present: 1st District Supervisor, Larry Vest; 2nd District Supervisor, Kendall Jordan and 3rd District Supervisor, Dan Anderson.
Motion by Jordan, seconded by Vest to approve the minutes of the November 27th regular meeting. All voted aye. Motion carried.
Motion by Vest, seconded by Jordan to approve the following resolution to change the Vision Tama County Grant name to the Enhance Iowa Grant to promote economic development and tourism in Tama County.
ENHANCE IOWA TAMA COUNTY GRANT
WHEREAS, Tama County communities and public organizations have the ability to apply for grant funds from the State of Iowa through the Enhance Iowa Program and,
WHEREAS, the Enhance Iowa Board views the financial participation of county government as an important part of any grant application and,
WHEREAS, Tama County is desirous of promoting economic development and tourism in Tama County,
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board of Supervisors of Tama County hereby establishes a Enhance Iowa Tama County Grant program in the General Fund (001) of Tama County for use as an economic development matching fund resource limited to the provisions in this resolution (see below);
Enhance Iowa Tama County Grant provisions:
Enhance Iowa Tama County Grant funding will be available to all communities and public organizations in Tama County that are eligible for Vision Iowa Grants through the State of Iowa. Details of the program are as follows:
1. A maximum of $20,000 has been designated for FY 2018 to be available for Enhance Iowa Tama County Grants.
2. No single grant award can exceed $10,000.
3. Grants will be automatically awarded to any entity that is approved for an Enhance Iowa Grant.
4. Enhance Iowa Tama County Grants will provide a 10% match to any Enhance Iowa award subject to the $10,000 maximum.
5. Award of the Enhance Iowa Tama County grants will be automatic, based on approval by the Enhance Iowa Board of an Enhance Iowa Grant award.
6. Enhance Iowa Tama County grants in Tama County will not be limited in number or kind by any factors other than approval of the Enhance Iowa Board and the $10,000 per grant limit.
Roll Call Vote: Vest, aye. Jordan, aye. Anderson, aye. Resolution passed and adopted this 4th day of December 2017. Dan Anderson, Chairman, Tama County Board of Supervisors.
The board met with Les Koch, Toledo, representing the Tama County Compensation Board. This board meets, discusses and recommends compensation for the elected officials of the county. Each elected official designates someone to represent them on this board, with the supervisors having 2 representatives. The Compensation Board met November 27th and their recommendation for elected officials for the upcoming fiscal year is a 3.5% increase for all elected officials. No action taken.
Motion by Jordan, seconded by Vest to approve the claims for payment as presented. All voted aye. Motion carried.
Chairman Anderson adjourned the meeting at 9:55 a.m.